Sunday, January 2, 2011

Another amazing day with friends:)

In true New Year's tradition, we started the year out with a nice bike ride as our way of saying...o.k, this is going to be the year to get into shape!

Billy and I drove down to Ocean Beach with friends and hoped on our bikes and rode the San Diego river trail.  We started at Dog Beach and rode to Hotel Circle.  I'll have to map it out to see how many miles it is each way (I'm sure it's much less than my sore legs are tellin' me it is, though, lol).

There were many interesting things to see along the way...from birds to ducks to flowers and plants along the way.  There were also things that tend to bring more awareness to our surroundings...we passed two or three homeless camps where the homeless set up camp under the freeways.  We also saw a few ball fields with debris hanging 3-4 feet up on the fencing...a reminder of the flooding the San Diego area just experienced.  I didn't take any pics along our ride (although I really wanted to) since the ride was more for exercise than for frugal fotography.

Once back to Dog Beach, we rode into downtown OB and had breakfast near the OB pier.  We then took some leisure time and checked out the tide pools.  At this point, I did take a few pics to share:

This is a pic of the tide pools as the waves crashed in.  The OB pier is in the background.


I thought this post was really cool...you can see another in the background...these are the remnants of what used to be in OB...back in "the day" OB was a resort town (think 1919 or so)...where there are now tide pools, there used to be buildings and decks and dance halls, and hotels for the wealthy...


Below we have Mark, Diana and Billy resting before heading back to our bikes and back home.  One of the locals is also hangin' out.


This is a kewl mural at OB on the beach.  Diana and Mark were kind enough to pose for a frugal foto.  Thanks, Mark and Diana:)


All in all, it was a GREAT start to the New Year's exercise routine...Wow, it's ALREADY Jan 2nd and I haven't broken any of my New Year's resolutions yet...that may just be a record, lol!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment