Saturday, December 18, 2010

Just a few random fotos...

So, I've been playing around with some of the special effects in Photoshop.  I can't believe it's been over a year since I took (AND got an "A") in my Photoshop I took at MiraCosta College.  I've realized it's VERY important to keep using the system so I don't forget what I've learned (well actually, I know I've forgotten some of it already), but I feel much more comfortable playing around with all of the effects.

Below is a foto I took with my new Tamaron lens.  It's a 60mm lens that is absolutely AWESOME!  In this foto, I was able to focus on the butterfly on the flower with my new lens without having to be right "on top" of the butterfly.

In Photoshop, I played around a bit and ended up changing the foto to b & w and using a halftone effect on it.  I really like the way this effect gave extra emphasis to the butterfly.


I took the foto below in our development.  I caught this flower (I'll have to look it up) as I was passing by, and am very glad I took a picture of it.  I just love the way it turned out.  I worked with quite a few effects in Photoshop, actually too many to remember, lol...but I do love the results!


The foto below is another of my favorites of my walk (last weekend).  I just LOVE the way this lens lets me play with depth of field...I have found I really LOVE photos that have areas is focus while others are blurred.  I did sharpen this photo up a bit in Photoshop, but other than that, it's a raw foto.


enJOY:)

Lori McCausland, Frugal Fotographer:)

No comments:

Post a Comment