Sunday, November 21, 2010

Visit to the Statue of Liberty

A few weeks ago, my husband and I had the pleasure of taking two of our grandkids to the Statue of Liberty for the first time.  Justin, Amanda and Nana also went with us.  We were surprised to find that Justin had never been the the Statue of Liberty either.  Having been there several times with our kids as they grew up (at least 3 or 4 times), I thought it was a bit sad to know that people growing up so close to the Statue of Liberty had never been there before.

Billy and I prided ourselves in trying to take our kids to many historical/educational places whenever we had the chance and I think now as adults, they appreciate having had the experiences.

Now for the best pictures from our trip.  Our first picture is of all of us when we arrived at Ellis Island.

 Ellis Island is a great place to get fotos with the NYC skyline in the background.  This one below is of Billy, Alayna, Jayden and I.
 One of the things I was excited to show Alayna and Jayden was the wall at Ellis Island where families could send a donation and have a family members name added to the wall of people who came from other countries through Ellis Island.  Our family was lucky that my cousin, Donna, made a donation and had our grandfathers name added to the wall.  Our Grandfather (Alayna and Jayden's great-great grandfather) came through Ellis Island in 1910 from England.
 While on the Ferry, we were able to get this picture of Justin, Amanda, Alayna and Jayden.  Alayna and Jayden really enjoyed the ferry rides to Ellis Island, the Statue of Liberty, and then back to Liberty Park.
 I was also able to get this great foto of the NYC skyline.  I'm sure this would be AMAZING at night!
 Of course, I can't end my trip without taking a few close-ups of my grandkids.  I just LOVE taking close-ups.  This first foto is of Alayna ON her 8th birthday.  Happy Birthday, Alayna!
 My last frugal foto of the day is of Jayden.  He is soooo fotogenic!  His birthday was a few days before we arrived, so we were really celebrating both birthdays while we were in town.  Happy Birthday, Jayden!
As always, we had a WONDERFUL time with our family.  We are very blessed.  Thanks, everyone, for taking this fun trip to the Statue of Liberty with us!

enJOY:)

From a VERY HAPPY Mema and Frugal Fotographer:)

No comments:

Post a Comment